Europe is culturally close to the United States and other western countries, but does it mean that finding a partner from this region is easy? Yes and no. In this guide, we’ll provide you with all the information you should know to find a perfect European match online. If you want to meet someone special in Europe, you need a good dating site. There are lots of options, but I’ve chosen the 5 best of the best for you.
Best European Dating Sites 2023
How to choose the right European dating site?
Choosing the right European dating service is a rather responsible thing that requires some background knowledge. So let’s take a look at the tips and tricks for choosing a dating site that will work for you:
- Make sure the site is reputable. The very first thing you have to do is to make sure that the site you are going to use is an actual and reputable platform with real users. As a rule, these sites are well-known and pop up in the top results in search engines, but you still need to do a little research on these platforms.
- Read the reviews. Both professional and real users’ reviews are rather helpful when it comes to choosing a dating site. As a rule, they contain a lot of information about the profile quality, pricing, and more, so make sure to check them out.
- Check out the security measures. Security measures such as moderation, professional support, profile verification, and secure payment methods are extremely important, and every decent site should have those. So check whether the service you’d like to try has all the abovementioned measures.
- Take a look at the profiles. Finally, register on the site (usually it’s free) and take a look at the profiles. Are they too good to be true? Or maybe there aren’t enough details and photos? If you see that the profile quality is poor, run.
In general, choosing the dating service that will meet your needs is not that difficult, especially if you know some tips. So go ahead and find your perfect service.
Site comparison table
|Price||From $15.99 for 2 credits to $399 for 100 credits||From $9.99 for 20 credits to $149 for 750 credits||$2.99 for 2000 credits||From $9.99 for 20 credits to $149 for 750 credits||From $9.99 for 20 credits to $149 for 750 credits|
|Bonus for new members||Bonus 2 credits for new members||Discount on first 20 credits—only $2.99||Bonus 2000 credits for new members||Discount on first 20 credits—only $2.99||Discount on first 20 credits—only $2.99|
|Profile verification||Video and documents verification||Video and documents verification||Email verification||Video and documents verification||Video and documents verification|
|Types of messaging||Chat, mail||Chat, mail||Chat, mail||Chat, mail||Chat, mail|
|Video chat||Yes||Video streams only||Video streams only||Video streams only||Video streams only|
|Number of users||43.3K||213.7K||597.5K||517.7K||179K|
I can confidently say that all the abovementioned websites are worth your attention, so why don’t you try at least some of them?
Niche European dating sites and apps vs. Mainstream dating sites and apps
If you still can make a choice, take a look at the most important benefits and drawbacks of popular European dating sites and global mainstream online dating apps and sites.
Niche European online dating sites and apps:
- You can join the dating website with the right dating pool of European singles only
- Opportunity to use special features, such as making video calls, having a video date, sending real gifts, etc.
- A better chance of meeting a legit European woman or man due to the great moderation and strict policy
- No free unlimited messaging
- Limited access to videos
- There’s not always a mobile app
Mainstream dating services and apps in Europe:
- A huge number of members worldwide, many members in Western, Central, and Eastern Europe
- Great navigation, good standard features like swiping or messaging
- No need to pay—most sites work for singles with free membership
- Not-so-good moderation
- No special features like video chat
- Members still pay for using special services and profile boosts
Tips for safe online dating
Some European dating apps and sites are better in terms of safety, and on some platforms, moderation and security systems don’t work that well. Though choosing a good dating site can really reduce the chance of meeting a scammer, it never equals zero. That’s why every person looking for European singles online needs to learn and keep in mind some basic safety rules that will help them to avoid scams, and I will explain them all below.
What dating is like in Europe?
- Percent of single men/women: 47.4 % of people in Europe are single, with ratio of 105 women per 100 men
- The success rate of relationships: 29% international relationships with a European partner last over 6 months
- The number of English-speakers: 51% of people in Europe are fluent in English or have it as a native language
To understand if online dating is a hit or miss in Europe, let’s look at some statistics that speak for themselves.
- 6 European countries are in top-9 in popularity of online dating sites and apps
- The global pandemic sparked a 30% rise in online dating in different countries in Europe
- In 2024, 8.7 million European singles are expected to use dating sites or apps
As you can see, European dating sites are in high demand as most singles choose to go online to find a match instead of meeting in cafes, bars, and on the street. I think there is something special about choosing a date online, as it’s cool to have a variety of choices in any European country. Besides, it’s smart to go online if you are from the US and want to find a date from Germany, Italy, France, or the Eastern European region. Why?
- No need for a long vacation abroad, and therefore fewer expenses.
- Many women are not comfortable being hit on in public.
- European dating websites give a great dating pool of like-minded people of different ages and body types.
- Long-distance is good for the initial stage of the international relationship, as you have more time to decide if you are compatible.
- European singles are open-minded, and many don’t mind dating a foreigner.
So, overall, online dating in Europe is a good choice if you are testing your waters in this region. In my opinion, the main benefits are cost and time efficiency, as well as no pressure to pick just one country to meet European women or men.
Get rid of stereotypes: we dispel myths about European people
International relationships suffer from stereotypes, as they are among the most common reasons why couples don’t last long. So here are some common misconceptions about European singles.
Many foreigners assume that Europeans are as direct in informal communication as they are in business environments. Well, Europeans tend not to sugarcoat things, but they are very emotional, loving, and caring in everyday life.
That’s a big misconception. The majority of European countries have moderate or high English proficiency levels. The Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Sweden, and Poland are among the countries that are the best for English-speaking foreigners.
It’s also a popular belief that Europeans feel superior and don’t like foreign people. But in reality, Europe is multi-cultural and has high cultural awareness. Many Europeans speak different languages, and that’s why they use the best dating sites globally.
Some stereotypes create a false image that leads to disappointment in European dating, while others are just communication difficulties. That’s why it’s important to know existing stereotypes and avoid treating people as nationalities instead of treating each particular individual.
Which European dating site is completely free?
A rare niche platform is completely free, and European dating sites are no exception to this rule. However, such websites usually offer a wide variety of free services, too. In particular, a person who wants to join the community can create an account without paying or providing any payment details, write a profile, add photos, get full access to other users’ profiles, and most importantly, to a wide selection of free features from, for example, free streams and public chat to search and support.
WATCH! Dating in Europe
Whether you dream about dating Italian, Swedish, or Ukrainian girls, I suggest you start by creating accounts with the best European dating websites. It’s the fastest way to get to know single ladies and find potential partners for casual dating or a serious relationship. And after you do, please be accepting of cultural differences, be honest about your goals, and remember safety precautions.
I thought I knew every dating site in Europe, but you introduced me to a couple of new options. I think I’ll start with AmourFactory. Streams and video messages seem promising enough.
JollyRomance is my European dating site of choice, though I should warn anyone new to beware of messages from girls right after registration. I sunk about 100 credits into reading their messages only to realize I didn’t like any of them. Checking their profiles before reading messages is my advice.
I’ve tested a couple of Europe dating sites you mentioned, but I’d prefer video chatting to live streams. They seem kind of impersonal, and I’m looking for something with better one-on-one features.
How does profile verification work on dating sites in Europe?
In most cases, you’ll need to confirm your email and upload a short video clip to verify you’re a real person. Some sites may also require you to upload a scan or a photo of your ID to confirm your identity.